TERMS OF SERVICE
1. INTRODUCTION._Welcome to the web site (“Site”) for The Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York (“The Regional Food Bank”).
3. ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE SITE._In order to use the Site, you must obtain access to the Internet and pay any and all service fees associated with such access.
(a) Individual Use. You agree that you are only authorized to visit, view and to retain a single copy of pages of the Site for your own internal use and not for any commercially-related purposes or in a manner that in any way suggests a connection, affiliation or any type of relationship between the Regional Food Bank and you or an entity related to you. You also agree that you will not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute any material on the Site for any purpose other than for your own internal use unless otherwise specifically authorized by the Regional Food Bank in writing. The Regional Food Bank posts legal notices and various credits on pages of the Site, which may not be removed. Do not remove these notices or credits, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
(b) Deep Links; Linking. You agree not to “deep-link” to the Site, meaning that you will not create, post, display, publish or distribute any link to any page other than the front (home) page of the Site for any purpose, unless specifically authorized by the Regional Food Bank in writing to do so. If you do want to link to the Site in any manner, please contact Elizabeth Snyder at the Regional Food Bank, firstname.lastname@example.org. to seek approval.
(c) Framing. You agree not to create any frames at any other web sites pertaining to or using any of the content located at the Site for any purpose, unless specifically authorized by the Regional Food Bank in writing to do so.
(d) Security, Cracking and Hacking. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site. Accordingly, you agree not to: (i) access data or materials not intended for you; (ii) log into a server or account which you are not authorized to access; (iii) attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; or (iv) attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing” the Site. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The Regional Food Bank reserves the right to investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who have participated in such violations. You understand that data and communications, including e-mail and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated over the Internet.
(e) You Are Responsible For All of Your Activities and All of The Content You Post or Submit. You represent and warrant that any information and/or material you post or provide to the Regional Food Bank by means of the Site, including, without limitation, as part of any registration or subscription or to gain access to or use any services offered on the Site (“Submissions”), is truthful, accurate, not misleading, not confidential property of others, not in violation of any other third party’s rights and offered in good faith. You agree NOT to use the Site for or in connection with any of the following activities: (i) transmitting or relaying spam, spoofing or otherwise impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your identity or affiliation in any way; (ii) using the Site for any fraudulent or illegal purpose; (iii) e-mailing, uploading, or otherwise transmitting or using the Site in furtherance of the use, distribution or transmission of any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, tortious, libelous, sexually explicit, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind; and (iv) transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, destroy, disrupt or otherwise impair a computer’s functionality or the operation of the Site.
(g) Ownership. The Regional Food Bank puts content on the Site for you to examine from time to time including, without limitation, text, graphics, photographs, pictures, drawings, animation, audio, video, literature and any other material distributed by the Regional Food Bank on, through or in connection with the Site. Moreover, the Regional Food Bank attempts to display the content in a way that will be easily accessible and useful for you, the user. All content and materials on the Site including, without limitation, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips and software included in or used on the Site, the compilation of all content on the Site, and any services offered on the Site, are the property of the Regional Food Bank, and/or their respective licensors, and are subject to U.S. and international Intellectual Property Rights and copyright laws. Except to the minimum extent otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying or exploitation of material from the Site is permitted except expressly in accordance with these Terms or with the express written permission of the Regional Food Bank and any other applicable copyright owner. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by virtue of downloading copyrighted material from the Site. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are expressly reserved to the Regional Food Bank.
(h) Spidering. THE USE OF ANY TOOLS, PROGRAMS, ROBOTIC ALGORITHMS OR PRODUCTS TO AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOAD OR “SPIDER” THE SITE OR ANY OF THE PAGES OF THE SITE INFRINGES ON THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK’S AND/OR ITS LICENSORS’ INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. DO NOT USE ANY SUCH TOOLS OR PRODUCTS ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE.
4. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER._THE CONTENT, SERVICES, INFORMATION AND ACCESS TO THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY PART OF THE SITE WILL OPERATE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE AND ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS OR ERROR-FREE. THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE IN TERMS OF ITS QUALITY, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU SHOULD THEREFORE VERIFY ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE SITE BEFORE ACTING ON IT.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED, THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE FOUND ON THIRD PARTY SITES THAT LINK TO OR FROM THE SITE. THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PRODUCT OR SERVICE ORDERING FUNCTIONS, ORDER FULFILLMENT OR COMPLIANCE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WITH ANY MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTIES OR SPECIFICATIONS. THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THIRD PARTY SITES AND/OR RELATED SERVICES NOR DOES THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU MIGHT BE REQUESTED TO GIVE TO THIRD PARTY SITES.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY._YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY AND/OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, ANY CONTENT AND/OR ANY RELATED SOFTWARE, EVEN IF THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY ACCRUE FROM THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK’S NEGLIGENCE, TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS, IN THE EVENT THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION, OR ANY PART OF THIS SECTION, SHALL BE HELD INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGIONAL FOOD BANK’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANYONE CLAIMING BY OR THROUGH YOU EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, CLAIMS AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
6. INDEMNIFICATION._You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Regional Food Bank and its sponsors, business affiliates, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents, from and against any and all damages, claims and actions brought by you or any third party resulting from your use of the Site in violation of these Terms or the infringement by you of any Intellectual Property Rights of any person or entity.
7. GOVERNING LAW AND ARBITRATION._The laws of the State of New York (excluding any principles of conflicts of laws) govern your use of the Site, the services and these Terms. You agree that the parties shall settle any claim or dispute relating to these Terms by binding arbitration in New York under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under these Terms shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to these Terms, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise. NOTWITHSTANDING THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH ABOVE, FOR ANY INJUNCTIVE RELIEF RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, RELATED SERVICES, YOU AGREE AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, U.S.A.
8. WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY._Furthermore, no delay or omission by the Regional Food Bank to exercise any right or any noncompliance on your part with respect to the Terms shall impair any such right or be construed to be a waiver by the Regional Food Bank. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability in that jurisdiction, without in any manner affecting the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction or the validity or enforceability of any the remaining provisions in any jurisdiction, provided, however, if such invalid or unenforceable provision can be modified so as to be valid and enforceable as a matter of law, that provision will be deemed to have been so modified to the maximum extent permitted by law.
9. CONTRACT ELECTRONICALLY._You agree that the Terms, combined with your act of using the Site and/or the services offered on or through the Site have the same legal force and effect as a written contract with your written signature and satisfy any laws that require a writing or signature, including any applicable Statute of Frauds. You further agree that you shall not challenge the validity, enforceability or admissibility of the Terms on the grounds that it was electronically transmitted or authorized. In addition, you acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to print the Terms.