COVID-19 Travel Restrictions
In response to increased rates of COVID-19 transmission in certain states within the United States, and to protect New York’s successful containment of COVID-19, the State has joined with New Jersey and Connecticut in jointly issuing a travel advisory for anyone returning from travel to states that have a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19.
Beginning June 25, 2020 if you travel to one of these states you will be expected to follow the quarantine rules. The required quarantine time period set by the NYS Department of Health is 14 days upon returning.
The list of restricted states is accessible via this link: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory. This policy is in effect until further notice.
Memo re COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Volunteers continue to play important roles in the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley’s work and ability to respond to increased requests for assistance as a result of COVID-19. We are still hosting volunteers to sort and box donations and have taken the following precautions to help ensure staff and volunteers stay safe during their shifts:
- Having staff wear masks – VOLUNTEERS SHOULD BRING THEIR OWN FACE MASKS
- Messaging volunteers about not coming in if they are not well, have a fever, or have recently travelled
- Insisting volunteers age 70 and older, those with compromised immune systems, and those with underlying illnesses NOT volunteer to comply with Governor Cuomo’s Matilda’s Law
- Reducing the number of people per shift
- Setting up volunteer work spaces to allow for 6 feet between people
- Having volunteers wash, sanitize and glove their hands before each shift and change gloves as needed during shifts
- Stationing gloves, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes in volunteer areas for frequent use
- Sanitizing high-touch points every two hours and at the end of each shift, including scales and touch-pads, tables, clipboards, pens, markers, sign-in consoles, door handles, broom handles, tape guns, and box cutters
Anyone with questions can contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Jhaquil Johnson, at (845) 534-5344 ext. 102 or email@example.com.
Sort and Re-box in Our Warehouse
- Ongoing throughout the year; perfect for Individuals & groups
- Family friendly & great for all ages (children aged 5-13 must be accompanied by an adult volunteer)
- Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes or risk being sent home
Why Volunteers are Needed
Some donations need to be sorted and repacked before we can give them out. That’s where volunteers come in! Volunteers help us sort useable items from damaged products and box them into categories like soup, juice, and cereal. Donations include food as well as non-food items like soap, shampoo, household supplies, and pet food. Volunteers help low-income families stretch their limited budgets and eat better.
Volunteer as an Individual, a Family or a Group!
Individuals, families and groups are all welcome! Two-hour time slots are available all week! We offer daytime shifts Monday through Saturday and afternoon/evening shifts on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Create a volunteer profile below and sign up for a shift directly through our website! If you are looking to register your family, please download and follow these instructions.
Want to sign up for a shift? Create a volunteer profile to below using our online registration system to schedule yourself and/or your family!
If after you register for a shift and realize you can no longer make it, please sign in to your CERVIS account and un-register for the shift.
Check out this great 2-minute video about volunteers by Feeding America, the national food bank network.
- Volunteers 5-13 year olds must be accompanied by an adult.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes for safety or risk being sent home.